"Dedicated to the Assumption of Our Lady"


St Mary Parish Church


The Parish Church of our local community is dedicated to the Assumption of Our Lady. It was built in 1605 and is found on one of the highest points in Malta. In fact, it can be seen from localities in the whereabouts of Dingli. It is located around 450 metres away from Savio College.

Dun Nicola de Armanino was the first Parish priest to be appointed in ─Žad-Dingli. In 1668, the Parish Church was suppressed, and no longer held the name of ‘Parish’. This decision was declared as abusive in 1678, and the church was re-instated as ‘Parish Church’.

On the 22nd of August 2015, eve of the titular feast of Santa Marija in Dingli, at the end of the solemn high mass, H.G. Archbishop Charles J. Scicluna declared the parish of Dingli as Archpresbiterial.